May 8, 2008

We are here to see Mr President...


Dear readers, sorry for not blogging for the longest time...no discipline and many other things have taken higher priority. Shall attempt to back-date some of the things I wish to update.


Last Thursday, May Day, we brought the family to the Istana... Ashamed to say that being a singaporean, this is my 1st time to the Istana (ie completing the walk). The last time I went to instana when I was in my primary school with my dad and mum...I remembered that halfway walking , we gave up and went to the then Plaza Singapura or Yaohan for shopping instead.


So last Thursday, was my 1st complete visit : )


We went all ready with picinic mats and snacks. After some security checks and about 30 mins of queuing, we were soon having picnic at the greens and enjoying the music from the brass band performed by some schools. Thank God that the weather was not so humid though it was sunny.
The two older kids enjoyed themselves running freely in the vast greenery while the adults just sit and chit chat ...even baby nicole is excited with her 1st visit. Enjoying her home-cooked porridge when sitting on the mat.

No, we didnt manage to see S R Nathan, our president...he is in NZ for official visit when we were there...according to the news on TV, the previous nite.

2 comments:

Terence said...

Hi,

I'm a reporter from The Sunday Times currently doing an article on Parent Volunteers in schools. I'm wondering if there's any way I can speak to you to find out your views about PV, and whether you know of any friends who are PVs?

Thanks!

Sebastian Yiang said...

Hi Terence,

Sorry for not responding earlier. We didn't read your comments until today. Oops, that is nearly 6 months late!

Sure, if you need views on PV and other topics, feel free to contact us. Don't think you need our views on PVs as your article would have been published by now...

Regards,
Geraldine and Sebastian