Dec 31, 2007

Thanksgiving for year 2007


Today is the last day of 2007, it is during this time of the year that I always have that mixed feelings..even when I was working full time. On one hand, very thankful to God for the year that has passed but on the other hand, rather apprehensive about what's coming up in the new year - parenting challenges, business, job stability, health of family members..etc etc, uncertainties. Hm..dunno if it is becos my birthday is in January so the fear of growing old too ....ha ha.

Reflecting the past year...I am filled with many many thanksgiving to God.This year, our church fcbc has adopted the theme "Year of Victory" and indeed my family has seen many victories this year.

My list of thanksgiving :
1. Physical Provision :
a. Miracle baby - we prayed for our 3rd child and God provide us a bubbly, healthy and smiley bundle of joy in Aug this year, Nicole Yiang.
b. Smooth and safe pregnancy though I have to oversee the renovation and shifting of the house. Packing the house ready for shifting...ssh..occassionally climbing up and down to pack cos I dont have a maid even at 7th mth of pregnancy. Really thankful for his protection!
c. Fast delivery - 3 hours of labor
d. My two elder kids Naomi and Nathan have indeed grown from strength to strength be it physically, spiritually and development in areas such as music, language and cogitive part..

2. Financial and Material Provision :
a. Granting Seb a new job in the area that is of his interest and a good and conducive environment.
b. Selling our old flat at a very good price that is way beyond our expected selling price and selling the flat on our own (saving the agent's comms) within the day that we advertised !
c. Thank God for helping us to get a bigger flat at a good price..now the prices has increased to $180K more for the same block. Seeing us through the renovation and the moving in smoothly before I delivered.
d. Granting our wish to move to the east and staying near my mum's and sibiling's flats. Naomi and Nathan are ecstastic to move here too since there are more people to bring them out for shopping and more visits to their aunties' homes.
e. God's financial provision for us even though I am not working full-time.
f. Helping me to achieve my goals working in MindChamps, financially and job satisfaction ie helping families and students to achieve beyond their potential. Achieve the Education Success Coach accrediation and also gotten two awards for achieving my targets.

3. Mirale of Healing
a. Mum's constant pain and ill-health - God always heal when we pray. Amen !
b. Mum-in-laws' eyes - operated in 2006 but always complained that her eyes still feel uncomfortable. God healed her eyes during Good Friday service and since then didnt hear her complaining.
4. Mirale of Salvation
a. Mum-in-law was saved during the Good Friday service
5. Other provisions :
a. Providing us an opportunity to travel to ChiangMai and HK at the beginning and the end of the year to bond with the kids and enjoy ourselves
b. Helping us to find a trustworthy and diligent maid at last ! Those who knows me , know that I have nightmare and episodes after episodes of maid horror stories. I can really write a book on "Foreign Domestic Workers 101" .


Last but not least... thank God for his protection and peace and his constant faithful love for us and our family ! Knowing the promises of God and that God is good all the time, we can face the new year 2008 with new hope, promises and many good things to come only if we seek him before anything else ! With this, we can move forward to the new year with anticipation and excitement ! Indeed, I have already have some new year resolutions already...looking fwd to fulfill them, with God's help, in the year 2008.

No comments: