Jan 5, 2008

New plans for new year

This whole afternoon had a wonderful planning session with my G12 sisters and the pastor for the Year of Sabbath. This year, our church will concentrate on 3 main areas :

1. Intimacy with God (renew our first love with God), 2. Inter-dependance (build relationship with one another and renew ties with our loved ones) and to 3. Integration (rest and re-creation of the land ie to bless the community). I am looking forward to what's in store for us this year as we begin to draw closer to God and to renew and strengthen our ties with one another.

With the new year, there are new hopes and new plans..is exciting as I was planning what I hope to achieve this year. Some of the things I hope to do this year :


1. Spend deliberate quality time with baby nicole daily on a fixed routine- building her love for stories, literacy, play etc


2. To do up a flexible routine timetable for myself, Naomi and Nathan so that the day can be much more organised to learn, to play and to practise on the piano

3. To help Naomi with Math and Chinese which are the weaker subjects so as to prep her for P1 next year

4. To teach Nathan to read

5. To help them to have a mindset that learning is fun and not boring andnot to pass tests or exams only

6. To have time to play, communicate ideas and values, play or do crafts together, pray and read the bible together.

7. My personal plan this year, I hope to start a parenting website with information , newsletters etc soon so that I can share with other parents what I have learnt from parenting books, parenting courses,websites, my experience in Mindchamps and through teaching Kindermusik.

8. Hope to read one parenting book and one christian book every 2 mths.

9. On the spiritual side, I hope to be more diligent in my quiet time, to pray for my children and family needs on a daily basis and to enjoy the intimacy and to draw near to God.

10. As for family matters, I plan to have couple time alone with my husband once every month , to go out have dinner or lunch together , without the kids.

11. To incorporate on some of the teachings I have learnt during Focus on the Family seminar ie to draw up a family mission statement and to spend individual time with each kid and to discipline them using the methods taught.


12. To have family cell with/without my extended family.

I hope to achieve most of it if not all by end 2008. Hope is not wishful thinking : )

Let's see if I can do it when I blog at the end Dec 08.

No comments: