Jan 7, 2008

Busy busy ...

Find that I am constantly busy especially after moving to new house and having a newborn. Now that Naomi and Nathan are older, more time is also spent on disciplining them, stopping the fights, nagging them to do this and that instead of wasting their time etc..

Find that my time is not well spent but rather busy juggling my work and managing the kids though I have a domestic helper. Especially when the kids are having the recent school break, I find that my day passes so fast without doing anything productive (in terms completing my work or doing something worthwhile with the kids). I think WAHM (Work at Home Mum) is even tougher than a WM (Working Mum).

Upon reflecting and reading the book "Terrific Toddlers" by Mel Hayde, I realised that I probaby need a schedule for myself and to put my kids in a flexible daily routine. In the book, Mel teaches how mothers can frequently feel calm and in control and children can learn self-control when they can play independently, to share and to be polite and obey. After reading the book, I feel inspired to make a difference in my home and to allow my day to be organised and to do what I need to do as planned in a day.

This is one of my new year resolution and I will blog further next time if this is going to help.

No comments: