Feb 29, 2008

A salute to all Stay At Home Mums (SAHMs) and all Mothers

Havent been blogging for some time as I am really really busy. It seems that a SAHM is really not easy...a duty that I need to fulfill for 24 hours. For me, I am half a SAHM and WAHM so is a double whammy.

I really must salute all SAHMs without helpers - is really a tall order and a very challenging job indeed. I have a domestic helper and yet I am so busy ...

The other day, my husband showed me an article from Reader Digest which we thought that the author wrote it in a very humourous manner describing the qualities that made a good mother.

The qualities are :

1. Organisational skills , ability to drive and to be in two places at one time
2. Financial Skills if you have to budget for birthdays , weekly grocery shopping which was growing as fast as the kids
3. Good mathematical skills will come in handy when u are trying to divide 7 sweets among 4 kids
4.Chemistry and biology when your two year old shows you a blemish, you will have to be able to tell if it is the beginning of a flesh-eating disease or just a freckle. You will also need to know which laundry soap makes the baby itch, why the sky is blue etc
5. Good memory to remember all the birthdays, names of the stuffed animals, the child who likes peas and cant stand grape juice
6. Creativity to do the art and crafts, teaching them music, turn a nightgown and a roll of tinfoil into a fairy costume for party etc

(Taken from Reader Digest Nov 07 pg 81 - 83)

Really can identify with some of these qualities...esp now I have kids of different ages. Wonder how my mum cope in the earlier days of bringing us up..maybe we werent as inquisitive as the kids nowadays or we were not that demanding or ....

Thank God for all mothers. No matter whether you are SAHM, WAHM or working mums, I think u are all great : )

No comments: